parfumdreams presents: our hair care guide for every hair type
Get inspired by the latest hair trends, care and styling tips from us. You’ll find essential care and styling tips for all hair types – fine, thick, curly or straight. We’ve got you covered! With our products, you can expect a salon-worthy look every time you leave the house.
1. Washing your hair: Less is more. To avoid oily hair, you should stop washing your hair every day. We recommend only washing your hair every two or three days. This ensures that your hair has the right oil balance and that sebum production regulates itself. If you’re not sure on the second or third day, use some dry shampoo. This will help you create a wonderful look.
2. Shampooing: Avoid silicones and parabens and opt for mild surfactants in your shampoo. With this tip, you can protect your scalp and thoroughly clean your hair at the same time.
Our tip for success: don’t wash your hair with water that is too hot – lukewarm water is perfect.
Revlon ProfessionalEquave Instant Detangling Micellar Shampoo
Paul MitchellTea Tree Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo
** 3. Drying:** Don’t rub your hair dry with a towel after washing – just dab it! In the worst case scenario, drying your hair the wrong way can cause your hair to break. Plus you should only use a hair straightener or curling iron when your hair has dried completely.
4. Combing: Never brush your hair until it is completely dry. Wet hair is more sensitive than dry hair. If you don’t have time to let your hair dry completely, we recommend using a wide-toothed comb, working carefully from the the ends back towards the roots.
5. Blow-drying: Too much heat is known to be bad for hair. So, let your hair air dry. This gives it sufficient time to regenerate. You can then blow-dry it at a low temperature. Make sure to hold the hair dryer at least 20 cm away from your head.
6. Essential hair care products: Conditioner, hair treatment and hair serum – the classics. But when do you need what? A conditioner ensures that you don’t hit any knots when combing your hair, causing matting; in other words, the conditioner keeps the hair silky and makes it easy to comb.
Hair treatments moisturise the hair. Use your favourite treatment every two weeks after washing your hair.
Hair serums are for real haircare experts! A hair serum is the ideal solution when the structure of your hair needs some intensive care. Massage it into your scalp after washing your hair to protect your hair structure. To keep your locks shiny, make sure your scalp is healthy by moisturising it.
**7. Don’t give split ends a chance!: ** Even if you never want to cut your hair because every centimetre counts. Getting a regular trim will result in long-term healthy hair and eliminate split ends, which are damaging for your hair.
8. Styling: Use scrunchies in place of of hard metal clips, as accessories with soft coatings or fabric hair ties are less likely to break your hair.
KérastaseCurl Manifesto Fondant Hydrating Essentielle
AlfaparfSemi di Lino Diamond Illuminating Conditioner
L’Oréal Professionnel ParisSerie Expert Vitamino Color Resveratrol Conditioner
AlfaparfSemi di Lino Moisture Nutritive Leave-in Conditioner
Jean & LenConditionerRosemary & GingerConditioner
L’Oréal Professionnel ParisSerie Expert Blondifier Conditioner
STOP THE WATER WHILE USING ME!Conditioner Rosemary Grapefruit Conditioner
Revlon ProfessionalUniqone Hair Treatment Coconut
AlfaparfSemi di Lino Moisture Nutritive Detangling Fluid
Londa ProfessionalVisible Repair Fiber Infusion Treatment
L’Oréal Professionnel ParisSerie Expert Pro Longer Leave-In
AlfaparfSemi di Lino Diamond Extraordinary All-in-1 Fluid
AlfaparfThe Hair Supporters Bond Rebuilder - Step 2
Jean & LenSkin careRosemary & GingerHair treatment
OlaplexStrengthening and protection N°8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask
KérastaseSymbiose Bain Pureté Anti-Pelliculaire
KérastaseSymbiose Fondant Apaisant Essentiel
OlaplexStrengthening and protection Hair Repair Treatment Kit
Schwarzkopf ProfessionalScalp Genesis Soothing Serum
GoldwellBlondes & Highlights Brillance Serum Spray
L’Oréal Professionnel ParisSerie Expert Absolut Repair Nourishing Serum Leave in
M2 BEAUTÉHair Care Hair Activating Serum
GoldwellRich Repair Restoring Serum Spray
Evolve Organic BeautyHair care Nourishing Hair Elixir
OlaplexStrengthening and protection N°9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum
KérastaseChroma Absolu Serum Chroma Protect
Revlon ProfessionalStyle MastersBrightasticStyling Primer + Anti-Frizz Shine Serum
Kiehl'sTreatments Smooth Oil Infused Leave-In Treatment
9. Healthy diet: Getting enough vitamins from fruit and vegetable plus protein from fish, quark and poultry is essential for hair strength and growth. The roots also require lots of moisture, so it’s important to drink enough fluids too.
10. Summer, sun and sunshine: UV protection is not just essential for your skin. Your scalp also needs special care, as does the hair structure itself. We recommend treating your hair with UV-resistant care products or sprays that are specially designed to fight off the sun’s rays. You can also wear sun hats and coloured scarves on your head. They are stylish and protect you from UV rays at the same time.